How can I prepare for my skin exam?
We recommend you arrive without makeup. You want clean skin for your dermatology examination. Ideally your fingernails should be nailpolish free.
Consider wearing lose-fitting clothing. If your clothing is loose enough and easily moved for a skin examination, you will likely not be required to change into a patient gown. We always provide a chaperone for complete skin exams. We would recommend you plan to be at the office for about one hour.
What to bring to your appointment?
- Make sure you have a copy of your medical history.
- Be sure that you have a list of all of your medications (even if you think they are not relevant, they might well be), as well as a list of all of the over the counter products you use on your skin.
- Be sure you have a list of your medication allergies as this can influence which medications may be prescribed to you during your visit.
- Consider bringing a list of the medications that have previously used to treat your skin condition including prescription and over the counter products regardless of their efficacy.
- Write down a list of questions. Many patients are referred for one issue however they may have another question about their skin. We will do our best to make your visit as productive as possible. In order to adequately provide education for patients while respecting the time constraints for others you may occasionally have a return visit booked to thoroughly address any other skin questions
you may have.
What Our Clients Say
“Dr. Day helped me immensely with my battle with my acne. I went on Accutane and did really well. I am also really excited that there are treatments for my acne scars as well. I feel really hopeful seeing the progress I have made. I only wish I had come to him sooner.”